If you had job-based health coverage

Depending on the kind of job-based coverage you had (including COBRA or retiree coverage), you may get one of these from your employer or insurance company:

  • Form 1095-B, Health Coverage
  • Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage


  • Enrolled in coverage through the SHOP Marketplace? The SHOP Marketplace doesn’t provide 1095 tax forms. Contact your employer or your insurance company with questions.
  • If you don’t get either form, don’t worry. Some employers don’t provide either form to their employees. You don’t need one to file your taxes.

1 If you receive Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C

2 Complete your tax return

If you and your dependents were covered by job-based health insurance for all months of 2015:

Don't delay filing your taxes only because you didn't get Form 1095-B or 1095-C.

If you got Form 1095-B or 1095-C, don't include it with your tax return. Save it along with your other tax documents.

Health care tax resources

Tax forms and instructions:

1095-B and 1095-C information

Tax help

More than one coverage status?

If you were enrolled in a job-based health coverage for only part of 2016, or other family members had different coverage, visit the relevant pages below.

See what to do if:


Ready to obtain the right health insurance? Check your eligibility for free or low cost health insurance through the marketplace in 4 simple steps...