You should report the changes listed below to the Marketplace as soon as possible.
- Certain changes may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period, allowing you to change plans outside Open Enrollment.
- The changes may affect the savings and coverage options you qualify for. See how your changes may change your savings.
Changes to report
- Changes to income
- Changes in health coverage:
- Someone in your household getting an offer of job-based coverage, even if they don’t enroll in it
- Someone in your household getting coverage from a public program like Medicaid, CHIP, or Medicare
- Someone in your household losing coverage, like job-based coverage or Medicaid
- Changes to your household or individual members:
- Birth or adoption
- Placing a child for adoption or foster care
- Becoming pregnant
- Marriage or divorce
- A child on your plan turning 26
- Gaining or losing a dependent some other way
- Moving to a permanent address in your state. Note: Don’t update your application if you move out of state. See what to do when you move out of state.
- Correction to name, date of birth, or Social Security number
- Changes in status:
- Change in disability status
- Change of tax filing status
- Change of citizenship or immigration status
- Change in status as an American Indian/Alaska Native or tribal member
- Incarceration or release from incarceration
How to report these changes
See how to report these changes to the Marketplace.