For most people, the deadline to enroll in or change a 2019 health insurance plan has passed. But you may still be able to enroll for 2019 two ways: with a Special Enrollment Period or through Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
2 ways to get 2019 health insurance
With a Special Enrollment Period
- If you experience certain types of life changes — like losing health coverage, getting married, or having a baby — you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period to enroll in a Marketplace plan for 2019.
- Start an application. If you already know you qualify, start an application now or log in to an existing account.
- Before you apply, you can preview 2019 plans and prices. Answer a few questions to see plans and estimated prices based on your income.
- See life events that may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period.
Through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
You can apply for free or low-cost coverage through Medicaid and CHIP any time, all year. If you qualify, you can enroll immediately.
- See if you may qualify for Medicaid and CHIP before you apply. When you visit the page, select the second button, answer a few questions, and we'll tell you if it looks like you may qualify.
Learn how to apply for Medicaid and CHIP.